Make a claim to an employment tribunal

Use this service to make claims to an employment tribunal when an employer, potential employer, trade union or person at work has treated another person unlawfully.

During the employment tribunal process the organisations or people you're making a claim against are known as ‘respondents’.
Warning To make a claim you need to contact Acas and get an ‘Early conciliation certificate’ from them or give us a valid reason why you do not have one.

If you do not have a certificate or a reason you need to contact Acas (opens in new tab).

You do not have to make your claim in one go. You can save and return to it at any time before you submit it.

Warning Claims usually have to be made within 3 months of employment ending or problems happening. If a claim is late, you must explain why. A judge will then decide what happens next.
Start now

Help using the service

Call one of our Employment Tribunal customer contact centres. They cannot give you legal advice.

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Telephone: 0300 323 0196
Telephone: 0300 303 5176 (Welsh language)
Telephone: 0300 790 6234 (Scotland)
(Scotland only)

Find out about call charges